Looks like this event has already ended.
Check out upcoming events by this organizer, or organize your very own event.
Founding a Company Without Being Deported
Sunday, March 3, 2013 from 6:00 PM to 8:00 PM (PST)
You are cordially invited to a special E-week event "Founding a Company Without Being Deported" brought to you by a collaboration of BASES, StartX, and the Center for Entrepreneurial Studies. Experienced international founders will discuss the challenges, strategies, and opportunities of starting a company in the US, a valuable discussion for all whether you will deal with these issues yourself or deal with them via your friends and colleagues.
- Date/Time : March 3rd, Sunday 6-8pm (FOOD INCLUDED)
- Location : Tressider Oak East (Second floor of Tressider)
- Structure : 80 min of panelist discussion and Q&A followed by mixer with food
- Moderator : Tony Lai (LawGives, StartX)
- Panelists - 4 from BASES and StartX
- Rebecca Hwang (Younoodle) - PhD 2003-2007 Environment and Resources. Co-founder and CEO of Younoodle. Formerly ran the Social-E Challenge for BASES.
- Chun Kai Wang (Kooapps) - B.S. EE 2003-2007, M.S. CS 2005-2007. CEO and founder of Kooapps who built the company while working at Microsoft (until he got his green card). Formerly ran Career Services for BASES.
- Montse Medina (Jetlore) - MS AA 2007-2008, MS CME 2008-2010, PhD CME 2008- on leave. Co-founder of Jetlore. Dealt with immigration for 7 out of 11 members at Jetlore.
- Pablo Diaz-Gutierrez (Appfluence) - UC Irvine PhD 2008 Computer Science. Co-founder of Appfluence. Founded the company while at Intel, then went full time the same week that got green card.
Looking forward to seeing you all there!
When & Where
StartX is a nonprofit startup accelerator for Stanford students. Our mission is to help accelerate the development of the top entrepreneurs coming out of Stanford.
1. A strong community of peer entrepreneurs who collaborate with, learn from, and support one another.
2. A high quality network of alumni and mentors, including VCs, angel investors, and serial entrepreneurs.
4. Free business resources, including office space, to lower the cost of entrepreneurship and help our founders move faster.